As a valued patient, we wanted to let you know about some changes we’ve implemented when you next book and attend an appointment. The changes are being made as a result of the Government’s guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) and are designed with your safety in mind.
To ensure we can adhere to social distancing and contact tracing rules, we can only see patients who have booked an appointment in advance. You can book an appointment by calling
Currently our phone lines will be manned from 9.00am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday and 9:00am-12.30am on Saturday.
When you contact us to book an appointment, we will ask you a few questions to see if we can offer you eye care advice over the phone in the first instance.
We are pleased to announce that the Scottish Government have altered their guidance so that we can now carry out routine eye examinations as well as emergency and essential eye care, which still takes priority. This also includes appointments for those who require new spectacles or contact lenses due to visual difficulties, or because they have lost or broken their existing spectacles.
In order to aid social distancing, we ask you to attend your appointment alone, unless it is not possible for you to do so. If you need someone to accompany you, please let us know when you book.
Coming into practice
If you do come into the practice for an appointment, we will need YOU to:
- Wear a face covering at all times while in the practice. You will be required to bring your own face covering when attending the practice
- Sanitize your hands on arrival and departure from the practice
- Follow the social distancing rules set out in the practice
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time
- We are required to restrict numbers of persons within the practice to allow for social distancing so there will initially be a closed door policy as only patients with an appointment will be allowed to enter so we will watch for your arrival at your given time to allow you entry
PLEASE NOTE that on arrival at the practice you will be aware of safety measures that have been put in place for your safety following a detailed risk assessment
Perspex screens have been appropriately installed throughout the practice
floor markings and general signage will be present to ensure safe distancing of all patients and staff
hand sanitizers will be available to use where advised
staff will be wearing PPE which include face masks, visors, gloves and aprons.
Concerns about your eyesight
If you have any concerns about your eye health, including any recent changes to your vision, please call us immediately on 01290 421421. We will be able to advise if a face to face appointment is necessary and when it would be best for you to attend.
Please don’t hesitate to call our friendly team if you have any questions on any of the points raised in this letter/email.
Thank you for your continued support.